Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Does it seem odd that we were in the National Enquirer back in December and we never knew?  I guess I don't mind that we were, but it does irk me that they couldn't get the boys' names spelled correctly and they messed up their birth order, etc...


Wearing our cute "Vans" socks- they match Daddy's shoes!


Sometimes we hold hands when we're playing.  Sometimes we pat each other's heads.  It's all in a normal day for us!  

In fact, the other day Sidney and Jenson were playing on an activity mat together.  I was sitting next to them and turned to help Elliott with a toy... when all of a sudden Jenson started SHRIEKING.  I turned around to find that Sidney had Jenson's ear in a death grip!  I literally had to peel Sidney's fingers off of Jenson's ear one by one because he was gripping it so tightly.  Needless to say, we're discovering our hands around here and enjoying getting to use them, even if our brothers don't always appreciate that detail.  :)


Our hands are almost always in our mouths these days!  Sidney sucks his thumb, Elliott sucks on his fists, and Jenson likes to suck on a couple of fingers.


Elliott's not happy about something!


Morning naps


Don't cry Sid!!


Elliott's BIG eyes


Who needs pants?!?
(L to R: Sidney, Elliott, Jenson)


Bedtime stories with Daddy.


Hello Puppy!
(Jenson and possibly Sidney's thigh)


Another moment to tuck away and remember in my heart- Jason had two of the boys in our room with him a few nights ago before their bedtime while I was getting the final one dressed and ready in the nursery.  I'd heard Jason's two babes fussing but since I was occupied with the other, I got distracted.  When we went to join our daddy and brothers, we found two little babies TOTALLY enraptured by the bedtime story Jason was telling them.  Not reading a bedtime book, mind you, but telling them a story.  Jason later told me that the boys had gotten fussy while he was reading them a book, so he switched to telling them the story of "how they came to be our babies".  It was such a sweet, precious moment and I will just treasure it...


"Momma!  Pull my pants down!!!"
(Jenson)


Elliott, Sidney, and Jenson


Elliott, Sidney, and Jenson


I literally cannot resist taking pictures of them during their morning nap time!


This was supposed to be playtime, but it turned into nap time...


We just might be ready for our Bumbo chairs!
(Jenson, Elliott, Sidney)


Bibi's in town!  Here's Bibi (Brittany's mom) reading to the boys.  Bibi is Swahili for "Grandmother".  

On a side note, we were invited to participate in some research studies at UC Davis's Center for Mind & Brain in their Infant Cognition Lab, so we went on this past Monday (I think every baby born in the Sacramento area is invited, so this wasn't anything specifically related to the fact that we are triplets).  Bibi came with us, and it was so strange to hear the research assistants at the lab referring to her as "Grandma".  I never call her Grandma, and I never speak to the boys about her without calling her Bibi.  Anyway, the boys had a fun time participating in the research studies and I was fascinated by the process.




We now have our sunglasses for playing outside!
(Sidney)

Bibi & Sidney


Jenson & Momma


AND we have new sun hats for the summer!
(Elliott)


Sometimes when you're shopping with babies, you will do use whatever resources are around you to entertain them and engage with them
(Jenson)

My mom and I took the boys to the mall in Roseville, CA yesterday to look for some things for the boys.  Another example of life coming full circle- this was the same mall that Jason and I walked around in shock/fear/disbelief for two hours after that first ultrasound where we found out we were having triplets.  I was able to point out to Mom where we had been standing/sitting/crying when we called different family and friends to let them know about our news.  Kind of surreal to think about what has transpired and changed in our lives since last May.  As my dear friend Jen announced to me a few days ago-

"Having met you eight years ago, I could not have guessed that this is what your life would look like now."

Agreed, Jen.  I totally agree.

Who could have ever guessed that I'd be married to such an amazing man and we'd have three amazing little boys to hang out with...  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment