Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day fun

Yesterday was Father's Day, and we tried to all enjoy it to the max.  The boys and I decided to give Jason the best gift ever- the opportunity to sleep in!  I got up with them, fed 'em breakfast, got us ready, and then the three munchkins and I headed off to church so Jason could snooze in peace.

It is wonderful to get to take them with me to church.  They seem to really like the music (I love dancing with them too!), plus there are PLENTY of people there who can't wait to help hold them!  Elliott even yelled/sang along with one of the songs yesterday. A part of me worries that I'm imposing on others because I need help with the boys during the service, but people seem to be okay with them so far.  I also wonder if I should apologize to the pastor when we come because I'm pretty sure my fellow churchgoers are a little distracted by the munchkins...   :)

We stopped and got breakfast on our way home to bring to Jason.  After their afternoon naps, we got the boys into their swimsuits and took them to a local splash park.  Because pools can be a little challenging for us when it comes to safety (we're outnumbered!), splash parks are a pretty cool alternative for now.  Splash park = foam-like mats with holes in them for jets of water to spray up, so you can get wet but it's easier to keep the boys safe and happy.  I think the boys like the pool better, but we do have to make accommodations at times because of the triplet thing!

We came home, had dinner, and had a gentle evening putting the boys to bed.  All in all, it was a happy, happy day that we got to spend together as a family.  Love!

Elliott cuddling with Auntie Jen after church


Sidney and Elliott
(patiently waiting for Jenson to wake up from his
nap so we could leave for the splash park)


Jenson in his full pool regalia


Those yellow hats make it pretty easy to
spot the boys from a distance


Playing with the jets of water.  Jenson, our little
daredevil, was the only one to really get into playing
with the jet.  He kept sticking his hand in it, over and
over, and was so intrigued by it!


Sidney, on the other hand, was way
more excited about standing up with
Daddy's help





L to R: Jenson, Elliott, Sidney


Check out the drool rolling down
Elliott's tummy- have I mentioned that
we're teething?!?


Sidney really enjoyed his dinner (he's apparently trying to save that cheerio
for later).  

We've really been trying out some new things lately when it comes to their meals.  They are loving finger foods- it's so adorable to watch them all learning how to stuff peas, Cheerios, cheese, etc. into their mouths.  I've also been making their vegetables and fruits here at home, so they've gotten to try a lot of different foods in that respect as well.  Homemade baby food, while definitely not as easy as buying premade stuff, is totally the way to go.  Way cheaper, healthier for the boys, and better for the environment.  And it seems to fit my cooking skill level- who could mess up steaming and pureeing?  (Actually, if anyone could... it'd be me).

Last night, the boys feasted on yogurt, a veggie blend of broccoli/ sweet potatoes/ spinach/ squash, and followed it all up with some bananas and cereal.  I'm really trying hard to get them to enjoy their veggies, and so far it seems to be working.  They haven't spit out anything yet (knock on wood- I suppose it will happen someday).  Needless to say, these kids can EAT...


Jason's gift that the boys and I made together



No comments:

Post a Comment