Monday, December 31, 2012

Smiles!!

So I've been pretty bad- more like majorly bad!- about posting anything about what life's been like since the delivery and since the boys have come home.  And I do have a couple of good reasons why (at least in my opinion).

A great part of it has been because I've been way too busy living and not really choosing to spend the time writing about it!  Over the past eight weeks, if the choice has been between cuddling with my boys or blogging, I don't think you could fault me if I chose cuddling almost every single time.  I'm not going to lie- these boys could keep anyone wanting to cuddle 24/7...

And I'm loving it, despite the challenges.  I'm exhausted, I'm pretty sure that I only know what day it is about half the time, and sometimes I forget when I last washed my hair (for the record- it was yesterday).  But I wouldn't change this.  I love our boys so much and I love the way that my life has been completely turned on its end and completely changed over the last two months.  The boys are almost two months old already- where did the time go?!?

The other reason that I haven't wanted to post too much?  I blame the media circus.  It was absolutely wonderful to get the media exposure for the Sutter Mothers of Multiples and to get to share our story with people.  But I never, in my wildest dreams, ever dreamed that there would be the level of fascination with our story as there was.  I never dreamed that the story of our boys would literally be heard around the world (even in North Korea!!).  I don't want to be the fox in the sour grapes, but I didn't anticipate how excited people would be to learn about how much I could eat while I was pregnant and about potential new Guinness records.  Jason and I are still amazed that people are as fascinated about the triplet thing as they are.

Jason and I are just living our lives everyday and that happens to now include these stinking adorable munchkins.  While we celebrate their presence everyday, we didn't understand before they were born how much others would want to celebrate with us!

And while the celebration has been for the most part wonderful, I wasn't as appreciative of the inherent inaccuracies in the media in regards to our story (see my November post entitled "Misinformation") and the impact it could have had on others.  I felt the need to pull back a bit and just focus on the boys.  So now that our 15 minutes of fame are done and we're settling into a routine here at the house, I'm back in the blogging mood again!  After all, there are so many exciting things to share about our boys!!!




Sidney, Jenson, and Elliott in their duckie outfits



There is so much that I want to write about, but right now I just want to share one thing.  Sunday, January 30th, 2012 was a very special day in the Deen family.  Why?  All three boys smiled at us!  This is not the first time we've seen their smiles, but this was the first day that they actually were intentionally smiling at something (and not just because of gas)!  Elliott started the trend by waking up for the early morning feeding and giving me two big grins.  Jenson and Sidney both decided this was a good thing to do, so they both smiled at either Jason or me after their 1 pm bottles.  I tell you this with all sincerity- there is nothing that will melt your heart faster than your child smiling at you.  I wish I could have had my camera there to record the moment, but I'm sure there will be plenty of smiles in the future that will be just as sweet...

No comments:

Post a Comment