Monday, June 18, 2012

Big Day!

Another ultrasound this morning.  I've been lucky enough to get 4 ultrasounds in the last 4 weeks!  My partner in crime, Jen Cox, came with me today to the doctor's visit.  We had a blast and laughed/cried through the whole thing.  The babies are doing VERY well- they are growing just like they should be and their little hearts are beating just as fast as they should be... huge relief each time I hear them (Baby B was moving around so much that at first we had a hard time getting to hear his/her heartbeat!).  It seriously brings tears to my eyes when the ultrasound room fills with the sound of each munchkin's heartbeat in turn.  It's like they are saying "Hey Mama!  Over here!  Look at me!".  

Our ultrasound tech/nurse was named Athena, and she was on top of things.  Very skilled at what she was doing!  Dr. Gilbert came in towards the end of the ultrasound as well and took a look at my cervix- so far, so good.  I was worried that I might have overdone it a little on my workouts while I was in Minnesota (5 times during the week I was there!) and all of the walking/hiking over the weekend in San Francisco, which could have had a slight chance of affecting my cervix.  But since there was no real change at all in my cervical length, we're good to go!  I'm currently only allowed to do low-intensity workouts (e.g. walking, elliptical, swimming) and so I'm glad to see that I can continue doing those.  Dr. Gilbert was actually more surprised by the fact that I actually had any energy to work out at all!

I think the munchkins appreciate when I go swimming the most.  After all, they are swimming, so why shouldn't Mama?!?

Jason and I would love to share some of the latest pics of the munchkins with you.  Aren't they adorable??

Baby A
(head is at the top left, check out that spinal column!)


Baby B
(head at the middle right, showing us his/her back)


Baby C
(head right in the middle)

Even though everything is progressing just fine, I'll have another weekly ultrasound on June 26 just to check up on things.  I'm really loving these frequent ultrasounds- who wouldn't love getting to see their little peanuts growing & developing every week?

Dr. Gilbert also shared with us that the average stay in the hospital for triplets after delivery is approximately 2-4 weeks.  This was about what we were expecting to hear, so it wasn't too earth-shattering for us.  So our apologies to all if you are a potential babysitter/helper- you'll have to wait a while after they're born before you get to love on the babes at our house!  

No comments:

Post a Comment