Saturday, June 23, 2012

Maternity scrubs!

Just worked the last three days in a row and had a great time.  I'm not going to lie- I was definitely tired at the end of my shifts, but I think I held it together alright!  I'm noticing that I am actually feeling better overall now that I'm in the 2nd trimester.  We've been very lucky in that the pregnancy has been pretty gentle so far.  I haven't had tons of nausea and morning sickness (just enough to make me better appreciate how lucky I normally am to not have chronic illness!) like a lot of other women have to struggle with.  And the morning sickness that I had been having ("morning"- what a cruel word to use when it actually stayed with me all day!) has actually tapered off.  The biggest thing that I'm having to deal with is fatigue.  I'm always tired, regardless of how much sleep I've gotten...

We wear mandatory scrubs at the hospital where I work, and a very sweet nurse gave me her set of maternity scrubs.  It's official- my belly's getting bigger!  Jason insists that my belly gets bigger by the day, but I find that it changes shape/girth more based off of when I last ate.  :)  

After my 1st day at the hospital wearing maternity scrubs!
(Vanity note: this is how haggard I look after a 12 hour shift)
17 weeks gestation

I'm finding that when you wear maternity clothes, people want to touch your belly more.  I originally thought that this would bother me (almost like an invasion of privacy), but now it's actually kind of sweet.  It feels like they are giving a little bit of love and a blessing to the babies!  And besides- I spend half of my time resting my hand on my tummy, so why shouldn't everybody else?  :)  

Jason and I are starting to the process of converting the office into a nursery.  So many decisions- to paint or not to paint?  Which cribs will fit?  How will we get rid of stuff that's no longer essential to this next step in our journey?  It feels like a little daunting of a task, but rest assured that my latent OCD has come out.  I made a VERY detailed poster outlining all of the areas in the house that Jason and I need to purge through and organize in order to properly prepare for the munchkins' arrival.  

Try to guess how excited Jason is about this project I've created.

For the nursery, we've decided to go with a simple forest theme.  Nothing too crazy- I'm not wanting forest animals on the walls and over-the-top decorations.  In such a small space, less is probably more!  And since Jason and I are planning on this being the only nursery we ever get to decorate, we've already got our ideas pretty set on how we'll be doing things in there.  In fact, we've already got the wall decor taken care of!  It's adorable to see how much Jason wants to weigh in on the style/look of the nursery.  I'm glad that my husband and I are tackling this as a team effort all the way...

Jason has a picture that he wanted to add to the blog... 

As Jason states, "Pregnancy tires her out.  The puppies have no excuse."

No comments:

Post a Comment