Sunday, June 24, 2012

Boys or girls????

Well, we did find out this past week what the munchkins' genders are.  So to present it in a pictorial monologue...

Boys or Girls?  Or a mix?
With three little peanuts, it could be anything!!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


They're all boys!!!

We found out this past week that we are going to be blessed with 3 boys.  Both Jason and I are so excited about this latest news.  I have to admit that I was a little scared that we'd be having 3 girls and I just pictured what it would be like around our house in approximately 11-14 years when hormones really kicked in... yikes.  Major yikes!

And once again, this pregnancy is not following the rules.  Apparently the odds were much higher that we'd have a mixed gender bunch, but consider the odds beaten once again.  

We were actually thinking we'd get to find out the genders of the babes in two weeks at the big Level II ultrasound on July 2nd.  So for this past week's ultrasound, I played it safe and asked Jason what he wanted me to do if the doctor was able to see gender (since he wasn't coming for this basic ultrasound). Did he want me to tell the doctor to wait til he was there, should I find out, etc...  I'm not quite sure what prompted me to ask Jason that, but I'm glad I did!  Jason said it was okay to find out without him there, but I had to tell him right away if I did.

Athena (the ultrasound lady from heaven) asked me during the ultrasound if I wanted to know the genders.  Um, yes please!  Now, I do have pictures confirming the boys' genders, but I will err on the side of propriety and just ask you to trust me on this (I'm comfortable sharing just about everything in regards to this pregnancy, but not those!).  

Jen (my date for the ultrasound) came up with the idea of surprising Jason at work with blue balloons to break the news, so we set off on a little adventure...
Sneaking up to J's office

Congrats Daddy- three boys!

Checking out the confirmation ultrasound pics

I think he's happy!

His coworkers are happy too!

His boss is shocked!

This is what the parents of triplet boys looks like!
How blessed are we...

Since Jason's coworkers got to find out the day that we did, I felt it was only fair to let my coworkers know too (they've been asking for weeks!)...

I took in Rice Krispie Treats labeled "3 boys!!" and asked everyone
to share the "sweet" news with us!

So another exciting week in the Deen household!  Knowing that there are 3 little boys growing in my tummy has really made this all seem so much more real.  Of course, some people are still living in a little state of non-reality.  Upon hearing the news, my dad jokingly apologized and told me that we were just going to have to have another baby someday because he and my mom need a granddaughter...  :)  

2 comments:

  1. So...are you working on triplet boy names yet? Huey, Dewey and Louie? Wynken, Blinken and Nod? Curly, Larry and Moe? Groucho, Chico and Harpo? Naaah, I guess you'd need a Zeppo with that last set. Porthos, Aramis and whoever the third musketeer was...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The third musketeer was Athos (I think?), but we're definitely working on some awesome triplet names- anyone with suggestions, send 'em our way!! Jason's Uncle David was the first person to refer to them as Huey, Dewey, and Louie, so that's what I've personally been using the most so far...

    ReplyDelete