Friday, May 25, 2012

He's arrived!

Our new nephew has arrived!  Due to the amazing wonderfulness of modern technology, I was able to Face Time over my Iphone with my sister and her family just a little while after he made his arrival.  HE IS BEAUTIFUL!!  Let me go on the record and just say that my sister makes some darn cute kids.  And I couldn't help but have tears rolling down my face watching that little guy look up into Adina's face.  And more tears as I watched Aiden look at his new baby brother.  And then some more tears as it just really struck me that my sister and I are no longer the two little girls playing with dolls in the back of the family van.  She has created this beautiful family with Mark and watching the four of them together just made my heart smile.

Babies are totally little miracles.  Total miracles.  Seriously- how can you not feel like there is something greater than us in the universe when you look at that little creation?  I'm flying to Minnesota to meet him in person in two weeks and I cannot wait!!  As of right now, no doctor has told me that I can't fly, so I'm going.  Heaven help the doctor who tries to keep me away from my nephews!

On a side note, who the heck looks that good after pushing out a watermelon?  Only my sister...
Adina, Mark, and new baby


It's been pretty easy over the past week to get caught up in the scariness of triplets.  Somehow it seems a little daunting to have more babies than I have arms!  But today was a huge blessing watching my sister's family through the webcam.  It made me think of the three amigos as something other than the challenges that will be associated with them.  It opened my eyes to the fact that there are soon going to be sweet-smelling little balls of adorableness looking up at me too.  They'll hopefully have Jason's eyes and my nose.  They'll hopefully have Jason's patience and my ability to problem-solve.  I'm hoping they'll get my hairline but Jason's artistic talent.  If we're lucky, they'll have Jason's integrity and my sense of humor.  

Yeah, they're not going to allow me to have a nap till 2020 and my bank account will be small, but those little munchkins are going to be little miracles when they finally get here.  Someday when my nephew is old enough to understand, I'll thank him for the lesson he taught me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment