Wednesday, August 8, 2012

BIG last 24 hours!!

We hit 2 major (at least in our minds!) milestones in the previous 24 hours...


NUMBER 1:  Jason was finally able to feel one of the babies kick!!!!!!!!!!!  Poor thing- it seems like the boys have delighted in playing hide n' seek with him whenever he'd put a hand on my tummy.  They'd be moving/kicking like crazy and when Jason's hand came within a three foot radius of my tummy, they'd "mysteriously" settle down.  Obviously a conspiracy on the munchkins' part.  :)

Jason was much more calm about their antics than I was (readers are probably totally surprised by this statement).  I would talk to the boys and try to remind them that Jason's hand was going to be responsible someday for changing half of their diapers, so they might want to consider being more accommodating of letting him feel their movements.  Jason would remind me that he'd eventually get to feel them move, but I felt so selfish being the only one getting to experience them.

But last night at dinner with my parents, the munchkins were moving around like fiends.  And it happened!  Jason finally felt a kick!  I've been waiting so long for him to get to have that moment and the expression of excitement on his face is one that I've already tucked away in my "definitely to be remembered" mental files.


NUMBER 2:  I actually felt 3 distinct kicks/punches at the same time this morning.  People have been wanting to know if I could feel all three babies moving at the same time.  And up until this morning, I could only say "not really".  It usually feels like one baby will move/kick, and then another one will in response to the first.  Once again, this is only my hypothesis and it's still hard to tell exactly who's moving- I can usually only tell you the actual location of a movement (because the boys are packed in so snugly, a kick could technically be from any of them!).

But for whatever reason, I rolled over in bed from my right side to my left, and the babies went NUTS! For about 10-15 minutes, they were at what I would guess was some of their most active phases yet.  And I guess it could have been two babies just stretched out and moving multiple limbs at the same time, but I'm going to believe it was all three.  Momma's so proud of her boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment