Wednesday, August 1, 2012

We've got cribs now!

I had the day off, so I headed out early this morning with my good friends, Jen and Brandi (and Brandi's daughter Emma!), on a crib hunt.  We started at Ikea with a hearty breakfast (I ADORE Ikea breakfasts- if you've never had them, you're totally missing out!).  The ladies helped me consider my different options and weigh the merits of different crib styles at the different stores we went to.  At the end of the day and after multiple visits to different websites and trips to two different Targets, Jason and I are now the proud owners of 3 cribs and a large dresser that's going to be a dresser/changing table!!!!  

Emma and me with a picture of triplets at Ikea!
There were actually 4 babies in that picture, so we
had to improvise...

They will have to stay in their boxes until my parents arrive next week for their visit.  We've got to do a deep clean first in the nursery to prepare the room for the furniture.  But I'm going to give myself some major credit for getting this accomplished today.  Temps were in the high 90's and unfortunately I just can't physically handle the heat well at all.  There was a lot of running around town required to get everything done and I said many prayers of thanks for A/C in my car.  

I am so excited to set the cribs up and put sheets on the beds.  It's so amazing to think that we're going to have three little peanuts to put in there in a few months!  Today was just a huge emotional step for me in making the eventual outcome of this whole pregnancy seem more real.  If I needed tangible evidence that there will be three munchkins, then I definitely got that today.  Plus for those of you who have never bought three cribs at the same time before, take it from me that you get lots of strange/sympathetic looks from the employees that are helping you!

Nursery furniture!!!!!  3 cribs, a dresser, and a rug
thrown in for good measure

Lots of people have been asking if we couldn't just use one crib for all of the babes, especially since they'll be so tiny.  While we might be able to get away with that for a short time, they'll eventually get bigger (necessitating their own crib!) plus there is a higher risk of SIDS when multiples "co-bed".  

And for those of you keeping track, I didn't lift any of the heavy boxes myself.  :)  Gotta watch out for those babies!

Daddy's got this covered- I'll just take
pictures while he does the heavy lifting!

No comments:

Post a Comment