Monday, August 20, 2012

Progress...

Only 3 more days of work left!  My bosses have been very kind in working with me to be able to taper off my shifts, so my last official shift will be one week from today.  I'm actually feeling much better about this decision than before.  This past week was one of the hardest at work so far- I'm tired.  I'm in the bathroom every 45-60 minutes (darn bladder) and I'm pretty much forced to just sit and eat at the nursing station when I'm not either in the bathroom or working with my patients.  It's getting harder and harder to get in the calories that the babies need while I'm working, so I feel the pressure of trying to take care of both my patients and my babies at the same time.  Basically I spend my 12 hour shifts doing three things- helping patients, eating, and peeing (in no particular order).  And because I can't help my coworkers as quickly as I am used to and prefer to, I get frustrated and feel like I'm not holding up my share of the work.

But let's face it- I can't bend over like I used to!  If I drop something on the floor at work, I just start laughing because I know it's going to take me ten times longer than normal to pick it up due to my big belly!  The saving grace of this is that it has not failed yet to make even the most stoic, uncomfortable patient laugh at watching me grunt as I bend over to pick up whatever has fallen.  

And talking about the triplets seems to bring a little bit of joy into my patients' days.  I've watched the most bitter, rude, withdrawn patient turn into a curious, smiling child as he asks me questions about what it feels like when the babies kick at the same time.  I'm going to miss sharing my joy with patients who are struggling to find it on their own...

On a much more happier note, my lovely friends gathered together for a baby shower a week ago to celebrate the munchkins!  My dear friend Pat (and the future pediatrician for the boys!) hosted the affair at her house and it was so much fun.  I had the best time watching all of these women who are so important to me meet each other and laugh together.  I only cried a few times during the afternoon (Jason was SHOCKED to hear that it wasn't more than that!), but they were definitely tears of happiness.  I left Pat's house that evening feeling so loved and so celebrated.  

And it made my heart smile that my parents got to be there for the party.  They weren't able to come out for my bridal showers three years ago because of other commitments, so it meant the world to me to have them here for this.  I don't have any pictures from the baby shower yet (as the token male at the event, Dad was the designated photographer!), but I'm excited to share them with you once I do!

Speaking of pictures, I've been working on organizing mine from the last few months.  And I realized that I have a number of cute ones to share.  Enjoy!

Wine tasting in Sonoma- we had PERFECT weather in wine country
(From left: Quinn & me, Sarah, Andria, Pam, Jen, and my sister Adina)

I like to think that Quinn is giving his three cousins a hug!
How adorable is this baby?!?

While the other ladies tasted wine inside,
Quinn and I enjoyed the gorgeous breezes
outside...


...and celebrated the start of the Summer Olympics!


Watching this little man grin was the most
relaxing thing ever- doesn't it make your heart smile?

Of course, sometimes we just needed to take a nap together
when the festivities were too much for us!

Okay, maybe we napped a little bit more than I realized...  :)
(that's sparkling apple juice in the glass, not wine!)

And the belly continues to grow.  Jason keeps asking me how much bigger my tummy's going to get.  I don't really have a good answer for him- my usual answer is to find a picture of Octomom and imagine that I won't get that nearly that big.  :)  He can't stand it when I give him this answer as she freaks him out.  But since I'm a firm believer in "hope for the best, plan for the worst", it seems like a safe answer to give him...
25 weeks pregnant!

Jason and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary this past week!  It's been an amazingly wonderful three years of wedded bliss with this man.  I love that I can honestly say being married to Jason has been far more magical and fun than I could have ever wished for or dreamed of.  I still wake up every morning surprised that such a gentle, kind, loving spirit still wants to be my husband.  I love him so much!  I'm so blessed to be married to my best friend and we're so excited to welcome three little munchkins into this life we've created together.  Life is good...

August 14, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment