Monday, September 17, 2012

Wonderful wedding

On Saturday, Jason and I travelled into the Bay Area for the wedding of one of my dear nursing friends, Ashley.  Jason was pretty worried at first about being two hours away from our doctor, but I got the okay from Dr. Gilbert to make the trip.

Cue me needing to go shopping for an outfit!  I went to the mall expecting to have some difficulties finding something to fit the belly, and I wasn't disappointed.  First stop was to Motherhood Maternity, where I've had some luck in the past.  Unfortunately when it comes to clothes shopping, my belly is just not in any way proportional to the rest of my body!  If it was a short dress, I ran the risk of showing my business in the front because my tummy raised the hemline so high.  If it was a long dress, I looked like I was trying to erect a six-man tent with all of that fabric.  I finally found something suitable there, but I decided to stop at the Pea in The Pod store just to see if there was anything there that I liked.

The sign says "expectant mother parking"
(finally got to park in one of these spots
at the mall!)

And that's where I really just had a reality check.  Apparently they hate pregnant ladies there because the largest size they carry there is a LARGE.  Ummm.... probably not going to work for me!  But the saleslady was very kind and so I decided to try on some of the dresses she thought would fit me.  I actually got one of them over my head, but I got one of the biggest kicks out of her expression when I said it looked like I was wearing a sausage casing (it was TIGHT and the seams just went all over because of the tummy!).  She tried to reassure me that I wasn't fat and that I looked lovely, but I just had to laugh.  I personally think I've never felt more beautiful than I am right now (something about being able to sustain three lives in your belly will do that to you), so I wasn't at all put out by the fact that nothing fit me there.  I just think it's perfectly ridiculous to not carry big girl sizes in a maternity store!

Didn't have to execute my original
plan, which was to wear a toga made
from a bed sheet to the wedding

Enough complaining.  The wedding on Saturday was absolutely lovely.  The bride looked absolutely stunning, the ceremony was wonderful, and Jason looked amazing in his black suit (I love my husband).  And apparently the babies LOVE Catholic wedding ceremonies because they started moving and grooving during the wedding like crazy.  I actually had a hard time paying attention to the readings and music because I was fascinated by the munchkins' visible movements across my tummy!  We had a great time visiting with one of my other nursing school buddies, Cynthia, and her husband who are 15 1/2 weeks pregnant.  Jason was quite the gentleman, making numerous trips to the bar to get us the heavy stuff- Shirley Temples...  :)

Brittany and Cynthia-
made it through nursing school together
and now we're making it through pregnancy
together too!

I wanted to dance to one slow dance before we left, and my wish was fulfilled.  Jason and I were laughing so much on the dance floor because with the size of the tummy, either he has to really lean over to get to me or I have to turn sideways to him.  I'm sure we looked goofy out there, but we definitely enjoyed ourselves!

I'm pretty sure I had the best looking date there!

So the babies have not really stopped moving since Saturday.  They've been super active the last 48 hours (to the point of keeping me awake at night), which means that I haven't gotten much accomplished because either I'm totally engrossed by watching them or it's too uncomfortable to be moving around myself when they're moving.  I'm pretty sure either Baby A or Baby B did a full flip right after Jason and I got into bed last night (my belly literally looked like it was a conehead for a few minutes).

I'm getting so excited for these babies to come.  Seeing those movements across my belly just reinforces to me that the peanuts are growing and will be here with us in no time.  I have to keep reminding myself that I don't want to see them out of my tummy for another six weeks!  I can't wait to see their little faces and hold their little bodies close to mine.  I can't wait to see Jason cuddle with them and see our friends and family fawn over them.  I can't wait to give them each their first ever kiss on the cheek.  I can't wait to hear their little cries for the first time and smell their little baby smells.

Sigh... six more weeks.  Stay in for six more weeks munchkins!!

No comments:

Post a Comment