Monday, October 8, 2012

Nursery's done!

Another fun couple of days!  I had another non-stress test this morning.  They're getting easier with each one that I go to.  Linda, the nurse who's done all of mine so far, keeps remarking that she's shocked whenever I show up- she keeps expecting the babies to have popped out already!  True to form, all three babes passed again.  Today, the one that took the longest to pass was actually Baby A because he was almost TOO active during the test.  He was moving around like someone had given him an extra dose of sugar, which meant that his baseline heart rate was higher to start with and therefore we actually had to wait a little bit until he settled down a bit!  :)

The boys have really stepped up their movements over the past week, both in strength and in frequency.  Most of the time I LOVE this fact, but it's also made it a little bit more difficult to get comfortable at night (apparently they think it's awesome to keep Mama awake with their activities!).  I don't mind getting up frequently at night, but I do feel bad for Jason in that he has to deal with a whirling, grunting dervish (that's me) when he's needing to get good sleep for work.  Insomnia is hitting me pretty hard right now, but I try to look at it as a blessing- the munchkins are just trying to prepare me for after they're born and needing to be fed at least every 3 hours!

But I will gladly take any insomnia if it means that I get to feel and see the munchkins moving more.  It's so magical to just recline on the couch and watch their movements across my tummy.  Every once in a while I'm sure that one of their arms or legs is going to just break on through my already overstretched skin a la the movie Alien.  But most of the time their movements just make me giggle out loud.  It would appear that our boys are growing in size and strength!

A lovely bit of news that I am so excited to report is that the nursery is finished!!  Our forest theme came together nicely, and I can't wait to bring three little peanuts home to their humble room.  I would never have thought it could take this long to get a nursery ready, but it seemed like every time I turned around there was another detail to account for and another aspect to consider.  Now I like to just go in there and touch stuff- rearrange the stuffed animals, make sure the diapers are neat, etc.  I've even got the outfits and blankets set out and ready that each munchkin will wear home from the hospital (and true to my "OCD-ish at times" nature, there are two outfits for each- based on their potential size!).

Both Jason and I are so excited for our babes to come home and just turn our lives upside down.  We were talking the other night and both of us admitted that we're so ready to be done with the "planning" and just get into the "doing" of having triplets!

32 week tummy
(the black is quite slimming)

My late morning "snack" today

Nursery pic- three cribs!

Changing table, woodland baby pics on the wall

Rug on the floor

Coming-home outfits and blankets for each munchkin:
2 outfits each to accommodate if they're preemie or newborn size!

No comments:

Post a Comment